People have been relying on the internet for information about certain things before making a final decision in terms of purchases, availing of services, or even in trusting somebody. Feedbacks and reviews are found almost anywhere in the internet about the credibility of almost anything.
Lawyers are no exceptions to these feedbacks and background checking that people do. Legal cases are highly sensitive so people feel more comfortable in bringing these issues to a lawyer if and only if he has a high ranking in Google, highly recommended by other people, or has good online lawyer reviews.
However, are these online lawyer reviews really truthful? The answer would have to be, “not all the time”. The law industry is really competitive and there are just other people who want to bring down their opposing firm. Besides, everyone is free to write whatever he or she wants on the internet, but it does not mean that the reviews are all true.
What you should do is to find a good website where online lawyer reviews are credible and given by firsthand clients themselves. Here are a few things that you should take into consideration when reading online lawyer reviews:
- Does the lawyer have good reputation?
- Is the lawyer responsive to questions and consultation?
- Is the lawyer available to contact at most times?
- Is the lawyer recommended by a lot of people?
- What is the lawyer’s level of experience?
- Did the lawyer engage in law malpractice?
- Does the lawyer specialize in similar cases such as yours?
- Does the lawyer get along well with his clients?
A lot of cases have been filed in the internet due to spread of false information about a lawyer. You should not believe everything you read. Seek help only to those tested and reliable sources to make sure your case does not go to waste.